Saturday, January 26, 2008

Preparing for Chinese New Year

TM, Boo and LM visiting the class.
This is gooey paint!
What do I do with my fingernail?
OK, I think my third tree looks good!
Can you say abstract art!
It is that time of year when the Chinese get rid of anything old and turn over to a new year. Thanks to the help of my fabulous LA buddies, T and J, I have this BEAUTIFUL new blog.
I can't thank them enough!
I taught my Chinese New Year class at the local community center today as well. I taught Chinese finger painting, the story of the Kitchen God, and about the Chinese Zodiac. It was a great class, and the kids (and grown-ups) really had fun. I am so thankful that I get to share my love of Chinese culture with those around me.

3 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

I like your blog make-over. I might get ambitious and try that some day...in my spare time. Ha! Ha!

Your CNY class sounds fun! We went to a FCC CNY celebration today. I'll post about that soon. :-)

ganelle said...

Very nice!

Vern said...

the new site looks cool!