Monday, April 14, 2008

Gem's Spa B-Day



For Gem's birthday she wanted a spa party. I hired a friend to come in and give the girls pedicures. My mom came in to give the girls a lemon verbena hand massage. I even made an oatmeal facial complete with cucumber slices for their eyes. They actually were quiet for a little bit!
After all of the pampering was done, they used the fingernail polish that we gave them to paint each others fingernails and toenails. They enjoyed the embroidered towels with their names on them (thanks again mom!), and all of the make up and other fun things.
I think that it was a fun way to ring in the magic of '12'! Now if I can handle all of the new things that come from being that age. I can't believe that she is out of primary and into Young Women's now. She even is going on her first temple trip this Wednesday. Crazy!
I love you Gem, and am glad that you had such a special day with all of your friends!

5 comments:

ganelle said...

Such fun girlie things! Glad everyone had a fun time.

Tanya said...

I love the picture of the girls with cucumbers on their eyes! Also love the color coordination, even down to the drink bottles, amazing!!!

Tanya

Angela and Jay said...

What a fun girlie party! Love all the cute details. :-)

Vern said...

sam had so much fun! Happy birthday gem!

Anonymous said...

How Fun! I'm with Tanya, I love the girls with cucumbers on their eyes too. What a great idea. Great towel idea too.
Natalie