We had the most incredible 4th of July weekend. We were invited by our friends to their lake house. It is a five hour drive away to a really beautiful lake. We spent the weekend playing in the water, playing games and talking and laughing. The kids really loved going tubing and managed to become experts in just a few days. TM and I went once and that was about all our old bodies could handle. Who knew that as you got older your body didn't want to be bounced up and down on the wake of a boat anymore?!
The 4th itself was amazing. We went out onto the boat at night and watched twenty different firework shows going off at once. They don't have laws against using the big fireworks there, so everyone was blasting off the big ones. To float out in the middle of the lake and everywhere you look there are these incredible lights was truly one of the most incredible things I have seen. It was so much fun and so relaxing. We can't thank the L's enough for inviting us to stay with them! We liked it so much we even started looking for a house of our own. Maybe next year...
3 comments:
So are you going to buy a lake house of your own then?
Sounds like so much fun. I can't believe how big Boo's getting! What a cutie. :-)
What great fun... except the long drive. The kids had a blast, I'm sure!!
Natalie
Post a Comment