The Chinese have a holiday that is the first full moon after the something or other in the fall. Truly I'm not sure about all of the details, but wanted to celebrate it since it is such a big part of Boo's heritage. We lit candles in water, blew them out so that our wishes could go up the the goddess of the moon. After that we sampled an authentic moon cake (unfortunately no one liked it, not even my dad). Since that didn't go over well, I bought some other rounds cakes and everyone liked those. We read the story of Chang E and the Jade Rabbit and had a fun night learning more about Chinese culture.
6 comments:
OK Ginger! You always do the greatest things with the kids. I'd never think of that! What great fun. I like the picture of daddy and B together. SOOOO cute.
What?!? You didn't even MENTION how our candles were beginning to create a bon fire, threanening to burn down the house?!?
You're such a good mom!
why did i think of that..how cool
oops..meant..why didnt i think of that.. :)
It looks like a lot of fun. The moon looks really cool too! Love the picture of TM and B, too cute.
Tanya
Post a Comment