Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Vegas-Old Camera

So here is our Vegas trip. This was our 40th birthday, 15th wedding anniversary trip. We believe in consolidating. Since we were married here 15 years ago in the LDS temple, we thought we would go back and reminisce. It wasn't the same place. There are a lot of new casinos. They are really nice, but it reminded me of Disneyland instead of faraway exotic places. I loved the Palazzio the best with the living sculptures, but since we took those photos with our cell phones, you'll just have to take my word on that. We walked a lot. Our hotel was a lot further than we thought, and we didn't utilize the transportation system. No one told us about it. In fact there wasn't a lot of help in this city. We started our trip being lost in the hotel. I think they have layouts designed so you can't find your way out. We asked a person for help and ended up being ushered to a time share pitch. Nice. We eventually found our way outside and headed to the strip. I had my mind set on crepes for breakfast. T quickly informed me that I would have to lead the way because he couldn't look anywhere. Literally. There were naked pictures of women laying about everywhere. They had been tossed on the street. There were trucks that drove by with billboards on them. Every sidewalk had a row of flyer's on them, and there were people handing out cards. If that wasn't bad enough, there were solicitors of all kinds everywhere. I pretended to speak french just so they would leave us alone. After an hour were arrived, ate our crepes and started to look around. It was like a flashy, fake world. People were drinking and smoking everywhere, but the shops were really fun. We had a blast in FAO Shwartz. I even played the big piano. While we were in Caesar's Palace, I went one way quick, then stopped and knocked the camera out of T's hand. It broke, and the party ended pretty quickly. Fortunately we found a Sony store that had normal prices and they were great. They even charged the new camera for us so that we could take pictures again. With delayed flights on both ends of our trip and our adventure being somewhat disappointing, we were glad to be home. I think next time we will go to Europe again, instead of a replica of it. Here are some of the pictures of the trip. These are from our old camera.
Stratosphere Hotel Room
Isn't it nice?
We were upgraded to a room with a view.
Aside from the smog it was a great view of the mountains.
Paris Casino
T was really happy to be there after walking for an hour.
The crepes were really good though.I'm a little sore from walking all day.
It's nice, but I like the real one better.Inside Bellagio
Beautiful Christmas DecorationsThe fountains of Bellagio
Yes, T, it was worth the walk outside :)
Caesar's Palace Cleopatra's Boat
Roman Freeze
Don't we look happy?! This is right before the camera broke.

3 comments:

ganelle said...

Poor thing! I think that Vegas, in the cold, isn't Vegas. Plus, it helps to stay off the strip, much less walking. And, yes, it certainly isn't the 'family friendly' place is used to try to be. I'm sorry you didn't have more fun!

Tanya said...

I'm sorry you didn't have that great of a time. Europe sounds so much better.

Tanya

Lisa said...

Ginger, It was so fun to see you. I was reminded on MY first trip to Vegas...your wedding I'm not sure you'll remember but it sad to say but besides your wonderful wedding it was not very fun.
Love ya,
Lisa