Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching Up

For some reason I haven't had a chance to blog much lately...I think the following pictures will explain why.
This is LM with his Pinewood Derby car. It was his last one since he will be moving up to scouts in the fall. He named it "Barney Gone Wild" for Boo. Boo came decked out in full Barney gear to support her big brother. He raced well, but the competition was very strong this year. Next was the Blue and Gold Banquet that TM was in charge of. That meant that we were both very busy, and I needed to be the parent helper for the annual cake bake-off. The theme was "Traveling Across America". LM wanted to do an Alcatraz cake first, but when I looked at what that would take, I told him to choose something else. His second choice was Mount Rushmore. I think that it turned out pretty good, and he did win the People's Choice Award. The frosting looks kind of blue here, but it really was the same grey as the heads.TM's and my 15th wedding anniversary was on the 19th. TM being the romantic he is had left me these notes, one per day, about all the reasons that he loves me. I would find them in the dryer, under my piano lid, stuck to the computer, and even one in the bathroom. On our actual anniversary, he took all of them, bought a corresponding little gift and laid them out on the table. Needless to say, I was surprised and overwhelmed. He also took the day off, arranged for Boo to be watched by my parents and we spent the day together. It was the best anniversary we have had since our 10th when we went to Paris. I definitely married the right man!!!Just in case we weren't busy enough, we decided to have some friends over to watch the Academy Awards. It is so much more fun to be able to rip apart the gorgeous people, when you have friends doing it with you. We actually bought this Oscar statue for Gem's birthday which is coming up, but got a bonus use out of it.

Phew...I think that will do it for now. It has been a fun and crazy couple of weeks!

4 comments:

ganelle said...

Your cake tuned out really well- much better than I would have even thought possible - Mt. Rushmore???

I tried to expand the pics to get a closer look at your anniversary stuff, but it didn't work...

Great pics!

Angela and Jay said...

You have been busy! Love the new blog design. :-)

Tanya said...

No wonder why you haven't had time to blog, you've been busy having fun! :) Love the notes from TM, what a sweet thing to do.

Tanya

Vern said...

Good job Tim.