Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gem's Think Green Birthday Party

This year Gem's birthday falls on the Easter and is the same week we get home from our cruise. As a result, we decided to have her party early, which is March. Since Gem loves the color green, we had a Think Green Party. It was fun coming up with all the decor, food and games. So here's the low down:
Decor: I found green battery operated votive candles with green lights. We found all kinds of St. Patrick's decor and table ware. There was even a streamer metallic curtain entrance to the rooms. The lighting was really this green. My favorite quote from the night was, "It's so bright in here, I can't hear you!"
Food: green M&M's, pistachios, spearmint leaves, Andes mints, green lollipops, guacamole dip and chips, green apples with a green caramel dip, green deviled eggs, a large green cookie for her "cake", and green punch.
Games: What green character are you? Green Pictionary, Impromptu green skits based on famous green quotes, and a green dice game.
I bought a bunch of green silly string and had the kids attach Gem while singing Happy Birthday to her. It was classic!
Gem declared it the best party yet. I guess I'm doing something right, if they think that the latest is the greatest.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful girl!

2 comments:

Vern said...

Too fun!

ganelle said...

So much for Kermit singing "It ain't easy being green." Sounds like quite the good time!
Happy Birthday Jem!!!