I can't believe that Boo is all ready four! She has grown into such a spunky, smart girl. I love seeing her get older, but miss having a baby. We went to the doctor and had her physical. She is 40 1/2" tall (70%) and 35 pounds (50%). She is reading small words, writing them, and is still "very advanced" according to the doctor. She still wants to be a doctor, and with her smarts and ability to run on little sleep, I think she could do it. She loves to run around in princess or ballerina outfits too.

Boo decided that she wanted to have an Abby Cadabby Fairy Party this year, so that's what we did. She had eleven of her friends over to share in the festivities. We started with a fairy lunch, consisting of confetti noodles that my mom and I made. They were pink, purple and blue and were covered in a white cheese sauce. We also had fairy bread and fairy pink punch from the fountain. 
After lunch, the girls needed to get dressed up like fairies. They colored their own wings. I made scrunchies with pink and purple to look like Abby's hair and bought them pink tutus. They were given a wand and with a little brush of sparkle on their cheeks, they were ready to go.
Next came the Fairy Treasure Hunt. Abby has a story where she goes looking for the key to a treasure box. I decided to have a scavenger hunt that involved learning charms. Gem came dressed as the fairy godmother and taught them all the spells.
Every time they said a spell, Gem sprinkled glitter around. The girls were so amazed that they were actually performing "magic". They had to find clues that lead them to certain flowers. They performed their spell and were given the next clue. At the last one they found the key! Inside the treasure box were necklaces that I made with fairy wings on them. Each girl was given one.
To finish the day and have time to clean up, the girls watched 'Abby in Wonderland'. It was a "that's so magic" party and Boo loved it!
Thanks to T and J for helping out, and again to my wonderful mom for all her help!
As is our tradition, Boo released a white balloon to send our thoughts to China. We are so grateful to those who gave her life and miss her on this special day.


2 comments:
Love the wings! Super cute!
adorable!
Post a Comment