Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Two...Collecting Memories

The current homestead
I think this is his middle school
Elementary school
The old homestead
High School
The main reason for this trip was to let TM say goodbye to where he grew up. His parents are retiring this summer and moving back to where they grew up in another state. This was a hard day for TM as we drove around to the two houses he lived in and the schools he went to. He reminisced, and the kids sat patiently in the back of the car (the one we have now become quite comfortable in!). I tried to be excited as he recounted his adventures, and truthfully some of them were quite interesting, but for the most part, ya had to be there. He loved going around and reliving the glory days of his childhood and youth. It is sad to say goodbye to a place that holds so many memories. I did it six years ago when my parents moved out here. TM grew up in a great place, and I am glad that he was able to collect pictures from his past to share with our children and grandchildren.

2 comments:

ganelle said...

I still remember how sad I was when mom and dad sold the only house I had ever lived in - until I left home. At least he had a chance to say goodbye

Tanya said...

It looks like a nice place to live. Keep the pictures coming! :)


Tanya