Thursday, April 3, 2008

12 Years Ago...

As I sit here and think about Gem turning 12 tomorrow I'm getting a little emotional. I knew before I was married that I would have a beautiful girl with dark hair and green eyes. I didn't realize that it would take almost two years to realize that dream.
Gem came into this world in a whirl of chaos and concern. You see, I was not doing well being pregnant with her. At the end I became really sick with HELP syndrome. I almost didn't make it through the emergency Cesarean that brought her into this life three weeks early. She came out screaming and went right to her daddy. Since I was barely conscious all I remember is this beautiful little face and a head full of hair, that was so mad.
Since that day, Gem has brought so much joy into our lives. She taught me the deeper meaning of love that comes from a child. She has so much creativity and gentleness in her soul. I love the way her smile lights up her eyes. I can't believe that she is all ready becoming a young woman.
As the days seem to go faster and faster, and I have to compete with school, friends, boys and other activities, I want her to remember that to me she is still that little girl who called the moon a ball, and loved to sing using a lollipop as a microphone.

I love my big girl!
Happy Birthday Gem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cute little baby and she is gorgeous in that second picture, her eyes look so beautiful. Tell Gem happy birthday from all of us.

Tanya

ganelle said...

Didn't call balloons "balls" too?

Happy BDay Girl!

Vern said...

Happy Birthday Gem!