Sunday, June 22, 2008

6th Grade Graduation



I can't believe that the day has come that my baby girl has finished her elementary experience. It seems like yesterday that I was crying sending her off to her first day of kindergarten. Now I get to gear up for crying sending her off to the perilous world of middle school. Fortunately she is a really great kid who has the ability to make friends with other really great kids.
We were able to go to her continuation and see how much she has changed. She wore her red heels, did up her hair and put on her make up that morning, confirming to the world that she is ready for the next step. ***Note the next section is a bragging one***
I thought that maybe I was the only one who thought she was so incredible, but in her graduation she received two awards. One was an art award for Unique Perspectives in Art, making her art teacher mom proud. The second one was the Presidential Award for Academic Achievement. I was blown away. She received a letter from President Bush, a certificate and a pin. She is truly an incredible young woman now, and that was evident through out her elementary journey to more than just her family.
We are so excited for her and hope (and pray) that her middle school experience will be even better. Congratulations Gem!

5 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

Congratulations, Gem!

You should be one proud Mom!

Tanya said...

Yay, congratulations!!! I can just see you beaming now and hope that I can be as great as mom to Gracie as you are to your children.

Tanya

Bobbie said...

Wow..way to go! best of luck next year!

ganelle said...

Well done!

Now, for middle school...
(insert evil laugh)

Vern said...

well, at least the evil laugh is coming from the appropriate source:)