Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gotcha Day Anniversary


One year ago today we were nervously awaiting the time we would meet Boo. Two years of waiting was coming to an end, and the baby that we had all ready begun to love was going to be placed in our arms. I would never have imagined all of the joy that one little soul can bring into a family. From the very first moment we knew that she belonged with our family. The tentative gaze and little smile that she shared, followed by laughter and squealing later that afternoon told us that she was truly our daughter. A year later and every day is still like that first one. To say she is loved is an incredible understatement. I am again so grateful to the country of China for blessing us with such an incredible little girl. We love you Boo!

5 comments:

ganelle said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Those pictures hardly even look like her anymore!

We're so glad to have her in our family!

Bobbie said...

What a beautiful post..i cant believe its been a year :)

Vern said...

I remember checking your blog obsessively to see what you guys were doing out there, and listening to Ganelle talk about her progress on the book she was putting together, and spending the day at the R Festival with your kids - It's so funny to me how that time brings back such personal memories for me when it wasn't my experience! I can't believe it's been a year either. So awesome though!

Tanya said...

Very well said. I remember standing next to you in China after we got our girls and it all felt so surreal. Here's to another wonderful year!

Tanya

Angela and Jay said...

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary! Great post!