Sunday, September 28, 2008

Double Agent Party for the Double Digit Birthday

We celebrated LM's big double digit birthday by having a spy party. We recruited several new agents that weren't corrupted and sent them to the training center. I was the director of the Western Training Division of the CIA (the boys said that I was kind of scary!). I found a Highlights spy kit and broke it up into pieces to be the training portion of the party. They did really well, but it challenged them more than I thought that it would. Once they had completed their training we gave them their passports and ID badges. They were then ready to go into the field.
Each team of agents were given their mission. They were led by Gem and her friend J, who were our field agents. They first boarded a plane that TM created, to a cafe in different countries (we changed the flag centerpiece and the music, as well as the candy they were given, to correspond with the country the were in). Then they were met by one of the field agents and given their second letter. From there they went back on the plane and flew to their final country.
In their final country they had to collect clues as to who the Double Agents (DA) were. We gave each of the boys different spy gear that they had to use for their mission. LM and his best friend S were given night vision binoculars and flashlights to explore the inside of a pyramid in Egypt (the crawl space). They found a coded letter. We also had spies going to the Brazilian rain forest to take pictures of the double agents with their cameras, China to listen to a conversation of the DA on their walkie talkies, and finally to a Russian opera house, dressed in a disguise of sunglasses and fake moustaches, to find and bring back what the DA had left when they were changing into their own disguise. They used all the clues to figure out that Gem and J were actually the Double Agents and quickly apprehended them by throwing them into a secure holding cell, aka the laundry room. We celebrated our victory with a bomb cake and presents. LM said it was an awesome party and even as good as the Lord of the Rings party last year. I'm glad that he had fun and that it is done!

6 comments:

ganelle said...

Wow. I'm tired just READING about the party! Sounds like a great time!

Bobbie said...

wow..im so impressed..you should start a web site for party ideas :)

Vern said...

So, what are you doing for my 40th?

Angela and Jay said...

You are SO creative! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I want to play at your house. Looks like sooo much fun!
Natalie

Tanya said...

Once again, you have the best creativity of anyone I have ever known. See, that's why we can't move to CO cause I'm not creative enough, ha ha. :) You should think of moving here to CA and writing tv scripts.

Seriously, it looks like the boys had a blast.

Tanya