Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mom's Big 65


Yesterday was my mom's 65th birthday. My dad wanted to make it a special day for her, so he enlisted the help of my sister and I. Honestly my sister did most of the work, I just made a cake. We threw a surprise party for her, after my dad took her on an incredible trip to the mountains. He cancelled everything that she normally did (and was planning on doing despite the fact that it was her birthday) like teaching and her volunteer work. She was surprised to say the least, and it was a great party.
To mom: Thanks for all that you do, and I hope that this year will be the best one yet! Welcome to official senior status!!
Do you love the poses?!
I couldn't resist putting in these pictures of Boo getting ready for Nana's party. Her idea of dressing up is putting on her big sister's high heels. I think that we have a princess on our hands. Yeah!!!

3 comments:

ganelle said...

Yea mom! It was so much fun!!!

Vern said...

Happy Birthday nanna! Is there any leftover cake?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!
You're so lucky to have her in your life! Looks like you all had a great time.
Love the pics of B in sisters shoes. Priceless!
Natalie