Monday, October 27, 2008

Award Winning

This weekend was busy with many things which I will blog about tomorrow, but I thought I would start with a little bit of bragging. It was an incredibly award winning weekend for me. First I won the community baking contest for my Pumpkin Toffee Bread. The prize was a $50 gift card to Pier One which I am eagerly looking forward to spending. Secondly our family won the best group costume award at the our church's Halloween party. Seeing as this involved witch like mastery of RIT dye to make Boo's dress, as well as artful sewing and creative use of existing clothes and make up, it was a well earned prize. If you aren't sure who we are, and several people weren't, we are the Series of Unfortunate Events. The kids were Violet, Klaus and Sunny, with me as the neurotic Aunt Josephine (fitting, huh?), and TM as the evil Count Olaf.Thirdly I took Special Mention for LM's Double Agent party. I have won two honorable mentions in the past for the Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings parties, but finally I got a real prize. It is only a $10 gift card to Amazon, but I'll take it! Being a mom is tough sometimes, especially when you have children that want you to be super creative. My family's praise is enough for me, but the extra prizes are sweet too!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Is that TM standing next to you? If it is, is totally does not look like him at all! Can't wait to see you again so you can make your yummy pumpkin bread!

Tanya

Bobbie said...

congrats!! sewing to me is a hot glue gun :)