Gem set up a party for the girls at our church for the same night as Boo's birthday party. Even though it was a little tricky, and I was a little tired, her party went really well. We decided to have a Halloween party and invited friends from school as well.
Side note: This was an assigned party from the girls at church and a whole one girl from church showed up. Fortunately Gem's other friends from school all came and they had a great time. This is the last time that I do something suggested by 12 year old girls in a meeting at church.
After cleaning up all the Barney decorations, we decorated the house with lights and Halloween decor. Next I took all kinds of drinks and put them in unmarked jars with glow sticks inside to make them glow. I bought these cool skeleton head cups that were for their "potions". They mixed up their own potion drinks while snacking on a bunch of goodies. Next we used some of Grandpa's squash and had the kids paint them white and turned them into ghosts. They were all very different and turned out really well.
I bought them all a bunch of glow bracelets and let them figure out how they would wear them. Then we did a dance off to varied Halloween music. There is something truly funny watching girls with glow sticks stuck in their heads, dancing to Dead Man's Party.
After that we had them each take turns and create their own ghost story. It was something about a lamp named Bob that ended up rusted and dismembered in a dump. Finally I let the girls (and our token boy neighbor) watch Nightmare Before Christmas. I went upstairs and passed out on my bed, only to be woken up at 11:30 pm to a loud thumping noise. Apparently the girls had connected all the glow bracelets together to form a jump rope and wear jumping over it. It is funny when you are cranked up on soda and candy, but seeing as Boo and LM were asleep, I had to put a stop to it. They had a lot of fun, and I think that Gem will be happy to trade Trick or Treating next year for a night of fun with friends.
4 comments:
i wanna be one of your kids..they seem to have a blast!
So are you officially not letting her trick or treat?
Cool pic of the glow sticks!
So fun and I agree with Bobbie!
How did you get the cool effect in the last picture? Looks like they had a great time.
Tanya
Post a Comment