Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Forty, Flirty and Fabulous

Doesn't that make more sense than Thirty, Flirty and Fabulous. They all start with F for heaven's sake! Seriously, now that I have climbed up that hill, forty isn't that bad. Especially when you ring it in, in the middle of a blizzard with your great friend and favorite sister! They kidnapped me on my Birthday Eve to eat at Noodles and Company (my favorite!) and see Australia (a good movie that really is two in one). The only down side was having to wear this stylish hat everywhere we went. It was fun, and I did actually live to see forty as we drove home at 20 miles an hour in a blizzard.
I have to say one of the funniest parts to this day was getting a call from TM during the movie. It was a three hour movie, so that wasn't that crazy. The call however was. Apparently he had accidentally shoplifted milk from Walmart and they were threatening to arrest him if he didn't come in and pay for it. He was talking to someone that works there that we know and got distracted. It was hilarious...and a good lesson for our kids. You can't take anything from a store or they will find you and hunt you down until you pay for it, even if it is the middle of a blizzard!

We finished the celebration the next day with take out from Chili's, Coldstone and a good movie. Ahhh...my kind of a birthday. Thanks to everyone for making it a special and memorable one!

9 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

Happy Birthday!!

Vern said...

Too much fun! Who's that really hot chick on the left?

Bobbie said...

happy birthday..mmmm coldstone!!

Tanya said...

Happy birthday again! Good thing you didn't have to spend it bailing TM out! :)

Tanya

the5firds said...

Happy birthday!

Ken and Kelly said...

Well I feel like a putz, totally missed your Birthday. Um Happy LATE birthday. love ya

Suzanne said...

So wish I were there to see you turn 40, just b/c you still look 30!! Loved the milk story. Wonder how they found him!

BTW do you remember the steps leading up to your login date? They said they are sending documents to Chicago (where the Chinese consulate office is??!!) right now. I will feel so much more settled when we have the login date!!

Miss you so much.

ganelle said...

Too much fun! Who's that really hot chick on the right?

Natalie said...

OH Ginger sounds like it was a great birthday and one that you will always remember. Happy Birthday. I hope all of your birthdays are just as good.