Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful

We were able to go over to my parent's house for Thanksgiving this year. I felt very lazy as my mom cooked her heart out. I brought some yummy punch, but mixing together some juices isn't the same as slaving away for two days. I have to say that it was delicious! I think that because I didn't work very hard and TM's need for major left overs, caused me to willingly accept my husband's idea of another "Giving" the next day. I definitely didn't go as out as my mom did, but it was a fun end to a day of decorating the house for Christmas. Plus I got to use the table settings that I won for my baking contest. TM got his left overs, and I didn't feel as guilty.
As part of our tradition we go around the table and say what we are thankful for. I thought that I would share what my family said.
Boo: white, mama, Nana roll
LM: my family and nature
Gem: drama
TM: his job, his family
Me: the fact that TM still has a job even though half of his company was laid off last week, and that he still willingly goes to that job even though the work is three times as hard and the moral is in the tanker. That Boo's adoption is finally 100% complete. The wonderful family friends that I have and all of their support and love through the good and the bad times.
Yes, I was the wordiest of my family, and the only one that cried. My mom and sister did too, but I guess that is the right of mothers. It truly has been a blessed year and I am grateful for all the blessings that we have. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!



2 comments:

ganelle said...

We're women! We are ALLOWED to cry!

Suzanne said...

Heck, I cried just reading your post! BTW, thanks for your comment on my blog. But let's be real, you taught me to mural. I called you like a crazy woman when I was painting the bunnies on Tanner's wall in Castle Rock. Thanks, true friend!