Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby for Boo

Love the your bottle, my bottle thing going on here!
Here is a little history on Boo. She hated dolls. We bought her this cute little Chinese Fisher Price doll to bring to China when we got her. She freaked out when she saw it. This has been our dilemma for the past year and a half. I thought that she would never get over her fear of dolls. She recently started being more interested in her friend's dolls (as in not running away from it screaming). She even went so far as to hold it. I thought that was great and that she was feeling more comfortable in her world and not being afraid of what she used to be. One day she found Gem's Itty Bitty twin dolls. That was it. Those dolls have gone everywhere with her. She even wanted to feed the baby. Thank goodness I had her mini bottle from China to make into a baby doll one. Needless to say a "baby" went on the Christmas list (this is because even though Gem is all mature and everything, she doesn't want her dolls "messed up"). Boo has become a little mother. I have to say that she is still terrified of Barbies, but then again who isn't afraid of the psychotically figured beauty queen dolls that we played with as children. I never did buy that Rosie doll, but I think that Mattel was on to something there.

5 comments:

ganelle said...

So cute! I guess the Caboose now has free reign over all the little cars at Nannas?

Angela and Jay said...

Cute! :-)

Montana Blakes said...

That's so cute! We recently posted a simliar doll story about Emmaline on our blog. So funny!

Suzanne said...

Yes, the rosie doll, with more normal body proportions... lol!

Tanya said...

Okay, gonna admit that I was freaked out by dolls too, even as I got older. I saw a horror movie where a doll came alive and that was it!!!

That's great that Boo is has really taken a liking to dolls. What a cute picture of her feeding the baby.

Tanya