Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Hawaii"

Our family has been craving a beach vacation, but seeing as our vacations are all ready set for this year, we couldn't afford another one. A few years ago we went camping in our family room, complete with roasting marshmellows on the stove. The kids loved it and decided that we could have a beach vacation at home. Everyone wanted to go to Hawaii, so I found a ton of DVD's about it. I found Hawaiian music and bought decorations, and grass skirts. I even borrowed my friend's USurf Machine, so that we could experience surfing the waves. We ate wonderful Hawaiian food, surfed, learned to hula, and went swimming in the "ocean", aka our local recreation center's leisure pool. Seeing as we were hit with a huge snowstorm that weekend, it was pretty amusing. We turned up the heat in our house and tried to ignore the over two feet of snow outside. It was a great weekend with our family. There is something to be said about hanging out together and learning about new places. Now if we could only afford to go to the real Hawaii, we would be set!











Hawaii Home Video







4 comments:

Tanya said...

What fantastic pictures! You guys looked like you had a fun time. How come everyone's cheeks are pink, what's the secret? Love the hula video, too cute.

Tanya

ganelle said...

That's so great! I love the pic of the snow in the of all the Hawaii things.

Natalie said...

What a fun time that looks like! I really like the one of T in the ocean with his surfboard??? LOL. GREAT pictures.

Natalie said...

Hey, I've been popping in every few days to read more.
I am thinking about you and miss reading your posts!
I hope everything is OK with you.
♥

Hugs,
Natalie