Monday, September 28, 2009

Chamber of Secrets...Happy B-Day Little Man!

TM and S's dad were the whomping willows that greeted each of the cars.


This was the Weasley's burrow. I made floo powder from green glitter, sand and exploding caps. They threw them to the ground with a bang and went inside. The step was made to look like a large fireplace.

Making shrunken heads at Borgin and Burkes Dark Arts Shop This is LM's shrunken head. Give it two weeks and it will look even better!

Feasting at Hogwarts, complete with butter beer.

This is Quidditch practice. They had to throw the quaffle throw the hoop, catch the snitch, and beat away the bludger, all while "flying" on their broom.The bludger ended up smacking the door right where I was taking the picture!

We had the boys make Mandrake roots after Quidditch practice. This one is LM's.

Boo and her BFF T were the house elves who gave each of the boys their journal and wand. There was invisible writing in the journals that the heat of the candles brought up.

Gem was Moaning Myrtle and showed the boys where the entrance to the chamber was. She was actually in black light, so it looked better. She did a great job, down to flushing herself when she was done talking to the boys.

After defeating the snake, they stabbed their journals with the sword and their wands. This is down in our crawl space that we made to look like the chamber.

The Cake: The Second Book with the Basalisk

Singing Happy Birthday

We got him a real Gryffindor sword for his room. I know...

Last week was Little Man's birthday. Apparently we have started the tradition that you get a Harry Potter birthday party for your 11th. I didn't know that until LM wanted that too. Since LM and his BFF S wanted to do their party together, versus we doing ours and then they doing the exact same party later, they decided to do the Chamber of Secrets. This was the most complex of parties that I have planned. Thanks to to S's family for all their help! His only complaint was that it was too short. Seeing as the party was two hours long, which is the same length as the other parties, I'm assuming he just had too much fun so it went quickly.
LM, I can't believe how big you are now. You are almost a teenager, and it seems like yesterday that you playing dinosaurs with you little preschool friends. Happy Birthday, and may it be a banner year for you!






6 comments:

Ken and Kelly said...

WOW this is soo cool, My mom used to do things like that for us as well it make me miss her. Ginger you rock at stuff like this, when I have little ones you will have to show me how someday :)!

kathie said...

You are the coolest mom ever!!! What a fun and creative party...I'm going to have to pick your brain for other fun ideas!

Suzanne said...

Never, ever in my entire life have I heard of such a creative, well thought out party. You are simply amazing!!!

Tanya said...

Happy birthday LM! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Natalie said...

looks like a lot of fun and effort went into such a fun day for all!

Vern said...

awesome as usual!