Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 7~ St. Kitts


That is the Atlantic Ocean to the left, and the Caribbean to right.

This was another beach day that we spent with my sister, her husband and the caboose. The big kids went on a tour of the island with my parents and then met us at the beach. The island reminded me of where we live, plus a beach. I think that would be really nice. We opted for the Caribbean side and water that was almost as still as a bathtub. Boo finally was comfortable enough to go in the water and play. The snorkeling wasn't that great here, but Gem did find and dug out a cool black conch shell. We were even able to bring it home.

One of the most fun things were the monkeys running around. They have monkeys in the road like we have coyotes. I think that I prefer the monkeys. It reminded me of the African Safari place in Canada that we used to go to as kids. Another cool thing is that our taxi driver was from our same church. There are only about 100 people on the island that belong to it, and he was able to tell us all about life there. It just made me realize again how small the world we live in is.These were dancers right by the port. I think that their costumes are incredible!





2 comments:

ganelle said...

You have some great pics. that I didn't get!

The one of you with both kids looks like you're in a pool! Awesome!

Tanya said...

No wonder you got an amazing tan, you spent all your time at the beach! Glad you had a wonderful vacation.