LM wanted to have a Series of Unfortunate Events party this year for his birthday. He has been reading the books and decided that would make a good theme. Since I hadn't read any of them, I decided the first thing to do would be read them. We found a hardcover set of all 13 books, plus the autobiography, online for cheap so I bought them. I spent two weeks reading all the books and trying to figure out how to have a party from them. The biggest thing I noticed was the emphasis on different foods. This plus the talents of the orphans gave the way for the party to be made.

The decor was all about eyes, since that is the main theme in the book and movie. Gem helped me color all of these eyes, and they were everywhere!

TM as Count Olaf and Boo as Sunny with the table for dinner.
The centerpiece was made with things from all the books. There were eyeball gumball, the sugar bowl which I made out of clay that had an eye on top. Crows from the Vile Village, mushrooms, crabs, moss, a crystal ball, and a coconut.
Side note: we discovered that Boo is severely allergic to coconuts last night. She ate the coconut cake and within about 45 minutes was covered in hives. We asked her when she started to itch and she said after she ate the cake. Yikes!!
The Menu with foods from all 13 books.

The guests eating all the crazy food. My favorite quote was, "My parents would never believe I am eating all this weird food. I never would do it at home!"

Bobbing for apples with the sharp vampire teeth in their mouths. This was the Sunny challenge, since she likes to bite things. They won a hardcover copy of the 13th book and the fastest time was two seconds!

The Klaus challenge was decoding a word puzzle. Klaus is the reader and decoder orphan. The prize for the first one done was the Series of Unfortunate Events Puzzle and Game book.

The final challenge was Violet's. She is the inventor, so the guests had to turn this wire puzzle into several different shapes. The winner of this won a DVD of the Series of Unfortunate Events.
Eyeball cupcakes to go along with the whole eye theme.
Pure joy!!!
I can't believe that my Little Man has turned twelve all ready. It seems like yesterday that we were doing a Star Wars party with insulation tubes light sabers. That was his 4th! He has turned into a sweet, strong, willing to help whenever needed, young man. Happy Birthday my always Little Man!
These are the presents from the family. Aren't they so cute!


2 comments:
Looks like another great party. You throw the best parties ever!
Happy Birthday buddy! Can't wait for the big day tomorrow!
Post a Comment