Homecoming is very different now versus when I was in high school. First of all, we didn't dress up, go with dates, or dance the way they do now. This dance was almost as formal as prom, except you could go without a date. Gem went with her friends, most of which had dates. She was asked by a sophomore, but she didn't really like him, and I didn't like the idea of a date. The night consisted of getting fancied up, going out to dinner at Chili's and then off to the dance. I don't know what has changed with these dances, or if I'm just very naive. I don't remember there being alcohol in the punch, drugs being passed around and sex being had in the middle of the dance floor. I can't imagine why they dress up so pretty to nasty dance and get high. Gem stayed back from it all and had a descent time, mostly before they even got there. It is good that she has friends with some standards. That makes it easier. To sum it up, it was fun to see the kids all dressed up, but I think that we will discourage school dances, even fancier ones, from this point on.
Gem with her twin BFF's


3 comments:
Modest is hottest! That's why Gem rocked it. :)
She does look great!
Gem is so cute! Not sure about the things going on with the dance but that sounds pretty scary!
Post a Comment