Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving this year consisted of several different events. It was really a week long thankful festival. It started on Monday with Boo having her preschool play. She was a pilgrim and looked super cute. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful daughter in my life, and that I get to go to preschool plays again. I'm thankful for the freedoms that those before me sought and fought for.
Wednesday we decided to have a Thanksgiving Eve by doing a 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving'. We had toast, pretzel sticks, jellybeans and popcorn. We even made strawberry shakes with whipped cream on top. TM said that is was surprisingly filling! We piled into the family room and watched the movie. It was a great way to start the holiday with my family. I'm thankful for having such a fun and creative family.
Thursday we went over to our fabulous friends' house. K put on a Martha Stewart Thanksgiving with the prettiest table decor and yummy food. The kids even had their own decorated table. My sister's family was able to join us, since they were snowed in from their trip out of state. After the feasting, we played some fun games and generally had a great time together. I am thankful for such incredible friends and extended family. I'm also thankful for the food that we eat every day. I look around at those who struggle putting food on the table and am thankful that we don't have to worry about that every day.
Friday, TM and I went out to do some Black Friday shopping and get my annual physical. We scored some great deals. I got my test results back and I am so much healthier than I was last year. My cholesterol dropped 100 points! I have lost 60 pounds! My other levels are doing really well too, and I am a lot happier. I am thankful for figuring out how my body works and for being able to be healthy and do things again. I am thankful for a husband who has stepped in for the past year when I just couldn't make it. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who pulled me through some painful moments, both mentally and physically and brought me to the other side. Overall, I have so much to be thankful for this year. I definitely feel that my "cup runneth over".

1 comment:

Vern said...

That was a fun day!