Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Boo's Earrings

For about a year now I have been asking Boo if she was ready to have her ears pierced. Every time we would pass by somewhere that did it I would ask her. She would look at the earrings and reply with a very sound, "NO!" I didn't push it. For some reason this time was different. We went into the store to shop around and I promptly asked her again. She said no, but the store manager was right there. She proceeded to show Boo exactly what was involved, down to piercing a fake ear. Boo looked at it, turned to me and said that she would do it. I promised her a new stuffed animal to hold while she went through with it. She picked out a Santa lemur that sang, 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. She picked out her pink titanium ball earrings and hopped into the chair. She sat perfectly still while they got everything ready. They pierced her ears and her expression changed slightly. She got down off the chair and said, "Mommy that hurt!" I asked her if it still did and she said no. She then asked if we could go pay for the stuffed animal, and that was that. She doesn't like cleaning her ears, but she loves showing off her earrings to anyone that wants to look.

BEFORE

AFTER

Showing off the new earrings!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Very cute! Gracie saw my earings the other day and asked what they were and said she never wants to get her ears pierced, lol!

ganelle said...

She's braver than I was when I got my pierced!

Go Boo! She's so cute!