We started the month out by T taking M to a basketball game. My nephew got free tickets to T's graduate school and invited them to go. M brought his buddy with him and they had a lot of fun.

Next was the Sweetheart Ball at our church. The theme was "Out of Africa". It was fun to get a night out with dancing and good food.
The next day we used our Pinterest skills and built B this reading nook in her room.

We refinanced our house and got a much better rate. With some of the extra money and with E coming up on getting her license in a few weeks, we decided it was time to get a new vehicle. After much research we decided on the Honda Pilot, which I love! It drives like the CRV, but is a whole lot bigger. I don't like filling it up with gas though, since it is about a third more every time.
Valentine's Day started with a party at B's school. This is a picture of her "boyfriend", J. Apparently he went up to her and told her she was his girlfriend. She thinks he is a great friend, so said OK. The other little boy in her class, T, proclaims his love to her every day, but her favorite is this little guy. That night I made homemade heart shaped pizzas and a heart cake (due to our dairy allergies). We gave the kids heart blankets and pillows and they curled up in them to watch 'Pooh's Valentine' and 'Valentine's Day'. B didn't make it the whole night and crashed pretty much after Pooh. It was a great way to share the love we have as a family.
For our anniversary, we didn't do a lot, since we all ready had a weekend get away last month. We went out to eat and T surprised me with purple tulips (my favorite) and tickets to go see 'Wicked' in April. It has been a wonderful 18 years and just keeps getting better every year.
We decided to celebrate Mardi Gras this year as a result of me wanting to expand our menu. I made jambalaya, gumbo, dirty rice, and a king's cake. T had the piece with the gold coin and won the candy prize. We finished the night by watching 'The Princess and the Frog'. It was fun expanding our holidays and cultural appreciation.
We celebrates the Academy Awards by going over to my parent's house and watching it on their brand new, 3D TV. I made an Oscar cake and gold cupcakes, with the winner taking home the cake. I won with a whopping nine right. My sister came in right behind me at eight, so it is getting closer!



E was in the musical 'Seussical' as a Cadet and a Who. She even had a line, "A message from the front." Which she said so nice and loud, they didn't even have to mic her. She dedicated about three months to this show and it turned out really good. Personally I liked it better than Millie last year. I was able to set it up so that B's school could go there on a field trip. That meant I got to watch it twice. It was great both times!
We finished the month by celebrating Leap Year. I made "frog legs", "lily pads" and "frog eyed salad". Really they were ground turkey, potatoes, and a banana/pineapple/marshmallow salad.
It was an incredibly busy month, full of fun and lots of holidays!
2 comments:
It's not like winning the Oscar pool should have been that hard. All you had to do was check the box next to all "The Artist" nominations! Still, it gives me evil joy to know you took down ganelle.
I was just excited that I was even CLOSE to beating you!
(And still lovin' those book shelves!)
Post a Comment