Sunday, September 16, 2012

August 2012

You would think that with so little to blog about, that this month wasn't a busy one, but it was. We started the month by getting ready for school. There were conferences and school supply lists to shop for.

E is in Student Government now, so she was part of building a float and got to ride in it at the local parade. It was a nice hot day that we were able to spend together before school started.
 

B started her all day Kindergarten this year. She was so excited to have a full day with things to do and to be in the same class as her oldest friend. She is tired after school (a miracle in itself) but loves it. She does have three recesses and two snack times, plus lunch, but hey, it is Kindergarten after all.


M started 8th grade, which is the highest grade in his middle school. He doesn't have any classes with his closest friends, which is hard. They moved around lunches too and he has only one friend in there. It is sad because they are all actually on the same team but only see each other in passing. He is doing well though and making new friends.
 

E started her junior year. We had to change some things around in her schedule so that she could be where she needs to, to apply for the colleges she wants to attend. The interesting thing is that theater isn't in her schedule anywhere right now, and she is happy with that. There were a lot of changes to the program so it isn't the same anymore. She still wants to do musical, but that is next semester and a different group of kids. It is really interesting watching her change and mature into the adult she will become.  (You will notice that it is still dark when E went off to school.  That is because she had to attend the Senior Sunrise at 6 am her first day.  Oh how she loves student government!)
 

Now I have a lot more time to myself in the day.  I thought I would be sad/bored/lonely/unproductive.  Instead I'm getting all kinds of projects done that I have been wanting to do.  My kitchen has never been so organized!  I'm still teaching and have some lessons in the day, which helps.  I also get to volunteer in B's class and have lunch with her once a week.  I have even gotten into the nice habit of taking a nap.  It has actually been pretty nice.
  

No comments: