This won't be the most exciting post, but I just have to do it. I broke out in a rash and had a fever and body aches and couldn't figure out what the problem was. I finally went into the doctor and she said that I have Chicken Pox! Now that would be fine and dandy if I hadn't all ready had them pretty badly as a kid! I had forgotten how much they itch, and frankly how ugly they are. Even the treatments are exactly the same as when I was a little kid. I don't think I can endure being covered in pink lotion again. All I wanted to do was curl up with orange Popsicles and a giant coloring book.
Thank goodness that all of my children have been vaccinated. Gem and LM have a couple of spots, but they are doing fine. Thank goodness that Boo was just vaccinated at her 15 month appointment.
This is my public service announcement for the year. If you think that you can't get Chicken Pox again, because you had them as a kid...think again. If you are hesitating on getting your kiddos vaccinated...don't put them through this. Just my humble opinion. I need to go now and scratch!
1 comment:
Oh shoot Gin! That really stinks. I'm sure you're totally over it now. But if it makes you feel better, I type this to you with PINK EYE!! I feel so dumb being inside for 3 days b/c of it!! All of us have had it, and we're tired of it!! LOL!!
Post a Comment