Monday, March 10, 2008

We interupt this travel log for...


I just couldn't' wait to post pictures from the 80's party we had on Saturday. This was my church's big spring fund raiser, of which I was in charge. We had MTV videos, a Rubik's cube challenge, name that person with pictures of people from church in the 80's, and an air band competition. I even got Wendy's to make 300 hamburgers for us and used the "Where's the Beef?" slogan. It was a huge success, and the girl's made their goal to pay for their summer camp.
TM, LM and Gem entered the air band contest as ZZ Top's 'Sharp Dressed Man'. They did a great job. We all dressed up as different looks in the decade. I was a prep, TM was the rocker, Gem was the flash dance look, LM was mod, and Boo was cute in her leg warmers, collar up and jelly shoes.
It was a blast, and makes me remember all of the fun that we had in the 80's. Rock on Dudes!

5 comments:

ganelle said...

GREAT pictures! I say we go back to those sytles. SO much more comfty than now!

ganelle said...

styles - not sytles. I can spell (sorta), I just can't type.

Vern said...

you guys look awesome! sounds like it was a blast.

Angela and Jay said...

That sounds so fun! Love the '80s!

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh, you have me rolling here in CA!!! You guys fit perfectly in the 80s! Thanks for bringing back memories, it looked like a blast.

Tanya