Friday, May 16, 2008

Baseball and Band Concerts






Last Saturday LM had his first real baseball game of the season. I have to say that my boy looks reeeal good in the Boston Red Sox uniform. He hit a double on his first time up to bat, and scored one of their runs. Since he is first baseman he was able to get three players out on first. The cool thing is that his grandpa played first base in college. I guess the gene pool is really strong on TM's side of the family. I can't wait for more games!
Boo couldn't help but flirt with all of the players on LM's team, and they just loved her!
Last night Gem had her final elementary band concert. She played a solo "A Whole New World" and rocked the house with the advanced band. Thanks to Nana's tutoring her skills earned her the "Outstanding Musician Award" from the band teacher. I can't wait for her middle school concerts next year.
By the way, this is Boo and her friend TT dancing to the YMCA song that was Gem's band's finale performance. I couldn't resist putting it in!

4 comments:

ganelle said...

I didn't know baseball player was in the gene pool. Excellent! Musician must have come from her mom.

And love the arms up, ready to sing "YMCA".

Anonymous said...

Goooo, Little Man!! Congrats on the two hits. Yay for Gem too. Her talent must definitely come from her mom.

Tanya

Angela and Jay said...

Sounds like baseball season is off to a great start! Very cute YMCA picture!

Anonymous said...

Makes me tired looking at everything you do all of the time! No wonder all of your kids are so well rounded and well adjusted kids! Congrats to your all star and also to Gem.
Natalie