Monday, June 30, 2008

My Boy Has Skills (and Boo too!)





This has been a really busy week with all my kids running in different directions. Gem was off at our church's girl's camp (more to come on this later). LM was at Cub day camp learning how to shoot and showing off his strength. He also had his final game of his baseball season. He hit three singles and scored four runs (he walked once). Overall he had a very successful season with a batting average of over 800. It is amazing what power ice cream has on one's ability to hit the ball! We had a party afterward and I was the one who had to bring the cake. I tried my hand at a sheet cake with a baseball theme (cause it saved us $40). So maybe I got myself some skills too.
I also had to post this pic of Boo playing "drums" at the Chinese restaurant we went out to dinner to celebrate her special day. She grabbed the chop sticks, pulled over the rice bowl and proceeded to play a very good rhythm. I think we have a percussionist in our future.

6 comments:

Vern said...

the cake looks awesome! good job!

Anonymous said...

Very talented kids you have!
You too. I couldn't do a cake like that!
Bailee is getting so big~
She is a very beautiful girl.
Natalie

Tanya said...

Go Lm, do I see pro baseball in his future? Very cute cake and I love the picture of B.

Tanya

Suzanne said...

Wow, overall a talented family!

Beautiful cake!

ganelle said...

Now my kids are wanting ice cream for their baseball games!

Angela and Jay said...

Impressive cake and kids too. :-)