Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slumber Party

I forgot my camera the night before, so this is the best one I have of the girls.

So for my little sister's birthday this year we decided to have a slumber party. I know you are thinking, ice cream, popcorn and chocolate, and yes you would be right. The part you didn't get was nice hotel, and a fancy restaurant. It was a blast to say the least. I didn't realize how much I needed time with the girls. We played games and laughed and laughed! I was the first one out at 2 am, but the first one up at 6:30 am. I guess I haven't quite lost the baby schedule body clock yet!
The most funny part was the next morning when it was my sister's actual birthday. We decided to sing Happy Birthday to her in the elevator on the way to the hot and yummy breakfast. As we got in we met up with a nice dad and his two children. My friend K said, "OK kids we are going to sing Happy Birthday to this 36 year old here". We sang a rousing round of the song, rivaling "Office" for harmony. The family just stared at us. We weren't abashed, but it was interesting the way the kids just stared at us. After my sister sat down with her food, the dad came over to her and apologized about the reaction of his children. "You see", he explained, "my children aren't used to that. We are Jehovah's Witness." After G shared this kind father's explanation, we about died. What are the chances of that!
To sum up our trip I need to quote one of the Dove chocolate wrappers from that night; "Laugh uncontrollably. It clears the mind." I would say I cleared decades of clutter on that little trip!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for bringing back good slumber party memories.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Another fun and very creative idea. I hope your sister had a memorable birthday!
Natalie

Angela and Jay said...

Oh, that sounds so fun! I think laughing is good for the soul. :-)

Angela

Vern said...

Finally someone has pictures! That was so much fun. I should probably feel some remorse over the poor children we scared but it's just so classic! Thanks for being our social coordinator - what would we do without you??!

ganelle said...

Sooooo much fun! We need to make that an annual getaway. Just, next time, let's make rules about singing in the elevator!