Saturday, July 12, 2008

School's Out (I mean In) for Summer!

LM in his new dud's
Boo and I walked LM to the bus stop. I don't think she wanted him to go!


Remember that song from the 80's? I think back to when school let out, my friends and I had visions of swimming, playing all day long and eating Popsicles for the next three months. Well I guess we did go to the lake and eat Popsicles, but the day after we got back we were in conferences with LM's new teacher, getting school pictures taken and buying his school supplies. LM started school on Wednesday the 9th officially and we are back in the groove. There is nothing like walking to the bus stop in your new school clothes while the sun is all ready at a roasting 84*. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, since he only goes for 12 days before he tracks off for a whopping three weeks (that's an entire week longer than his summer break). I guess you can tell how much I love the track system of school. At least Gem is finally done with all of this, but now my children only have a few selected weeks where they are home at the same time. Good thing for some, but my children love to hang out together...a lot. That means needing to come up with things to keep them busy while they are missing the other one. The only one who is loving this system is Boo. She gets to have at least one of the big kids home with her almost all the time! Anyway...it looks like LM has a great teacher and a really good class this year, so here's to a great new year!

5 comments:

Angela and Jay said...

Back to school... That's seems crazy!
Glad he's got a good teacher and hope he has a super year. :-)

ganelle said...

Isn't there some child-labor law from the 1920s that would forbid children from being in an enclosed room while being forced to remain stationary during the month of July?

Tanya said...

Awww, he looks so cute with his Spidey lunch bag. Just don't tell him I said that! :) Hope he has a fun 12 whole days before vacation!!!

Tanya

Vern said...

You know how I feel about this.

Bobbie said...

school? but its still july? thats just so unfair :( ..hope he has a great year..im already worrying about leah going to school