When we started driving we looked up and saw some really strange clouds. It was raining off and on. Gem kept saying that she thought we were going to have a tornado. I assured her that that wasn't very likely. Then we started getting some hail.
We immediately called my family and told them to get into the basement. Then TM hit the gas...hard. We watched the tornado follow behind us growing bigger and bigger as we went. Every where we drove, people had pulled off to the side of the road and were taking pictures and watching this incredible/terrifying site. We did make it to my parent's house unharmed and rushed in to see everyone out on the porch watching. I sent the kids to the basement and then watched the path of destruction. It only lasted about 30 minutes in all, didn't reach us, but was one of the most incredible sites I have seen. Needless to say, it was not a very relaxing dinner, and everyone but my dad was on edge. 
I'm sending out my thoughts and prayers with those who lost their homes yesterday, and am grateful that our family was protected.
5 comments:
Your pictures are a lot scarier than what I saw from MY backyard last night. What a trip! I'm so glad that none of them actually did any real damage - I seriously feel like we dodged a big bullet!
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/slideshow/17281691/detail.html?taf=den has a slide show of the tornado. There is more than one taken that shows my neighborhood!
I'm having visions from the movie "Twister" which scared me silly. I'm glad you are okay.
Tanya
check out my blog today and let me know if you can come!
I saw it on TV but didn't realize you were right there!! scary! So glad you're all OK.
Natalie
Post a Comment