I don't know how you feel about the big purple dinosaur named Barney, but Boo loves him! That was the theme for her two year birthday party. In keeping with the theme, everything was purple and green.
I made t-shirts with a picture of Barney at a birthday party for each of the girls. We took a picture of them and then the girls used it to make a sticker scrapbook.
My mom had the inspired idea to make one of these little books for my niece, and I totally stole her idea and made them (with a lot of help from my mom) for each of the girls. I don't know how I would have done it without her. Thanks Nana!
After the books, I read them a Barney story. The girls were much more interested in playing with all of Boo's toys, but every now and then they would listen.
After that was the cake time. Boo actually tried really hard to blow out her candle, and on the third attempt I lent a little of my air. She wouldn't even try the cupcake. None of my kids like cake, and if there was ever a doubt if Boo fits in our family it would be squelched with her similar attitude toward cake. TM thinks our children are crazy, but then again is thrilled with the extra cake he gets to eat. We did presents and then watched the Happy Birthday Barney DVD. It was a big success, and the girls stayed entertained through the whole thing.
Now for the more serious side to things:
I can't believe that my baby is two. The time has slipped through my fingers too quickly and I'm a little sad that she is so big. She is a beautiful, sweet, fun and smart little girl now. She is very proud of the fact that she now knows what the number two is, and even sometimes the number three. She loves the color yellow, with blue as a close second. Her favorite foods, next to her milk of course, are pizza, french fries, apples, meat (actually only ham), spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. She does like chocolate, but only if it isn't on anything like cake. She has started sitting on her potty, just because she wants to. She will get us out of bed in the morning so that we can take her over to it. She still hasn't gone in it yet, but is really proud of the fact that she sits on it. She still loves books, but puzzles are now a close second. She can do the splits in gymnastics and runs across the beam. She cuddles up to mom all the time and loves to feel daddy's beard, but makes mommy kiss her fingers after (she thinks it is prickly and hurts them). Boo brings so much joy to those around her. She is sweet, shy and loves to dance. I wish that I could hold onto this time forever, but with her growing so fast and picking everything up that she sees, I know that it won't.
I love you baby!
Every year on her birthday we release a white balloon with thoughts of those who gave her life and then gave that life over to be enjoyed and experienced by our family, thank you and peace on this special day.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Boo!! I came very close to having a Barney party too. Laney also LOVES that big, purple dinosaur. :-)
Very sweet birthday post!
So cute!
I love the white balloon idea. So great to pay tribute to the women on the other side of the world who brought us our little Boo.
happy birthday!! what a great party...leah loves barney too :)
Happy Birthday boo! It looks like you had a great Barney party. Love the idea about the balloon.
Tanya
TEARS (such a sweet post, Gin)!!! I can't believe I've became that "waiting" mom! We just turned our dossier in last week. Our homestudy will be updated this week (we are moving up the street). Everytime I bring Hunter to his Chinese school and pass all the litle girls, I think of your sweet Boo, and how beautiful she is. She is so perfect for your family too.
I see the little Chinese girls, and it aches to think that mine is somewhere in china right now (possibly not even born yet! We have 1-1/2 years left of waiting).
I LOVE the white balloon idea. That is so sweet.
Gosh, I think about you all the time, I wish you were still my neighbor, and we could talk about things.
Wish you Ganelle and Kristi could be there at CCAI on match day. What an experience.
Happy Birthday to Boo who is 2!
Very Sweet. Happy Birthday. Looks like it was very special day!
Post a Comment