Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year

This year we celebrated CNY for the entire weekend. The local community center put on a celebration with dragon dancers, sweet dancing girls in authentic Chinese costumes, along with drummers, and fireworks. I was able to teach some paper folding crafts too. We forgot our camera, but will update when our friend sends us some pic's. That was Saturday. Sunday we had a special dinner with my parents and sister's family. The food was delicious! Finally on Monday, the actual day of CNY, we celebrated with our close friends. We had more great food and the kids put on a show for us. I love the creativity! Happy Year of the Ox, and may it all bring us the strength that we need to face the challenges this year has in store. Gung Hay Fat Choy!


4 comments:

ganelle said...

Gon She Fats Swa... over whatever it is!

Vern said...

"Stop Mason, she's doing Tai Chi!" Of course she was.:)

Suzanne said...

I love it! I so wish you were here, friend! Yes, the year of the Ox will help us all. And I'm with Vern, the Tai Chi, LOL, too cute!

Natalie said...

way too much fun. It's great that your fam celebrated with you!