Monday, July 13, 2009

Bear Lake

So I know that I have been remiss about posting our vacation, but summer break is far from that. With all my kids home this year, I am busier than I have ever been. I'm stealing time now that I should be doing other things, so I'm afraid that this will be short and sweet. Bear Lake was beautiful! It was a clear water lake that was huge. I think that one of the best moments of this year was floating on a tube on the lake and looking at the beautiful mountain panorama. Truly breath taking.

TM's family was fun. There were 43 of us this year, including 26 grandkids. We had a get to know ya, crammed into TM's parents' cabin, due to a sponaneous rain storm. We shared talents as well. The best fun was hanging out with everyone at the lake and the campground, just getting caught up on the past few years. My kids think they have the BEST cousins. I just wish that we could see each other more often. Another thing that was great was visiting my grandmother who is 99. She still looks great for her age, and was fun to talk to. I can't believe she is still in her own home. If I live as long as she is, I really hope that I will be doing as well.




3 comments:

Natalie said...

What fun it looks like you all had! I love how you build so many family memories for your kids. Boo is so stinking cute in that first photo and I cannot believe the (Yangxi) girls have birthdays coming up again!
Glad you had fun at the lake.

ganelle said...

Love the pic of Boo with the watermelon! Glad you guys had a good reunion!

Tanya said...

The lake looks absolutely beautiful! Glad you had a fun time.