I grew up going to the Renaissance Faire back east, and since we have something similar here, we used to take our kids there. We haven't been for about four years or so, so we thought that we would spend the day with our kids and some friends. They enjoyed dressing up in their costumes and seeing all the cool things in the shops. They went home with authentic wands, dragon puppets and fairy stones (they were a gift from the beautiful fairy). Boo liked to watch the elephants and really liked the fairy, but other than that she was pretty scared. We tried to watch two different shows, but they were too raunchy for our older kids. I was disappointed that things had gone so far down since the last time we were there. Either that or having older and aware children really made me realize what was there all the time. I think we have attended our last one. It is a shame, because I really enjoy the medieval time period and wanted to share that history with my kids.

3 comments:
Are you sure it's the raunch that turned you away and not the sausage on a stick that I've been burping up since about 2:00pm? My kids had a blast - they've been talking about it all afternoon.
Great pics. of everyone. It's a shame that such a "family" event has turned out nasty!
Great pictures and what fun to dress the part! We love going too and as a matter of fact, I just updated my blog from our trip there.
Post a Comment