Thursday, October 29, 2009

Three Year Physical


Despite the snow storm raging outside, I took Boo to the doctor yesterday for her 3 year check up. She is 30.5 pounds and 39 inches tall. That is 50% in weight, 85% in height, US charts. On the Chinese charts she is 96% in height and her weight is the same. She apparently has terrible eyesight and we will be visiting a pediatric opthamologist. She has 80/20 and 60/20 eye sight according to the charts. Despite that she is advanced in her fine motor skills and reasoning skills. She knows all her letters, and their sounds. Knows how to count up to 15. She is starting to pre-read a little as well. It was funny watching the nurses faces as this little girl read off all the letters on the eye chart. The doctor thinks she has fine motor skills of a four year old and the mental reasoning of around 4 and a half. I knew she was smart, now I have to figure out how to keep her from getting bored. The doc suggested I start her on piano lessons. I said she has really little hands and his response was to get a small piano! I can't wait to see what she can do once she can actually see. We also realized that she is probably left handed. She was stacking blocks and got frustrated with her right hand. She switched to her left and stacked the entire group. She is chatting up a storm, and is so much fun. She even had to have a shot, and didn't make a peep. She got a sticker for her efforts and was so excited. I can't wait to see what this year has to offer.



3 comments:

ganelle said...

Wow! Good for her!

Bobbie said...

shes doing great!..im so impressed she knows her letters!!..shes 4 1/2 inches taller than Leah!..they are growing up so fast :(

Tanya said...

Yay Boo, good job! Another lefty, yay!! :)