Thursday, September 2, 2010

Go Take a Hike!! ...a blog entry by TM

I thought since Spicy Lady (my wife) hasn't had anything to blog about recently that I would tell you of a hike that LM and I took with a scout group on Aug. 28th. We took about a 30 minute drive west of *** ***** to the base of a trail that went up to Devil's Head. Devil's Head is an old fire lookout that has been around since 1912. It is one of the last lookout towers left in **** with an active ranger that lives near the top of the peak during the summer. The hike is only about a mile and half each way from the trail head to a beautiful meadow on the top of a mountain. From the meadow, there are about 140 stairs up to the top of a rock where the tower is located. Once you get to the top of the rock (just a little shy of 10,000 ft.) you can see over 100 miles in each direction. It's an amazing view. You can see downtown and many other landmarks. It was a great way to enjoy the outdoors of *****.


LM blazing the trail.

There were plenty of rocks along the trail.


This is the meadow on top of the moutain.


LM and me on top of the tower.





LM and Ranger Bill on the tower. He's been looking out for fires atop Devil's Head for the past 26 summers.


Here's a couple inspiring views from up top.





4 comments:

ganelle said...

What a great hike! We'll need to find out exactly where it starts so we can go!

Oh, and Spicy Lady???

hahahhahahah

Vern said...

I specifically want to know more about two things. ONE, how "Spicy Lady" became Spicy Lade, and TWO, were there any vampires in that meadow?

Tanya said...

What a fantastic hike and it looks so gorgeous there! Thanks for hijacking the blog TM! :)

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wondering about vampires in the meadow! :-) It looks gorgeous up there. (Wherever "there" is.)