Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was huge! It was filled with amazing gifts and fun time spent together. The kids were so tired from staying up the night before, that we actually had to get them up at 7 am! Who would've thought that TM and I would be the first ones up. We opened the wise men gifts first and showed the kids the real gold, frankincense and myrrh that we have. They were surprised by little laptops for the big kids, and Ariel and Eric dolls for Boo. Santa presents came next with monologue books, Wii game, and Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty dolls. Tim got a new car stereo from me, with a printer as well (since ours broke), and I got a lot of much needed clothes as well as a new blue-ray player. Grandma and Grandpa got everyone so many great gifts, with Gem's favorite being stylin' black boots. LM loved all the wolf things, and Boo loved the Human Body book,princess things and games. TM loved his books and Cd's and I loved the clothes and books. It was a very generous year full of perfect gifts from aunts and uncles as well!
After my parents come to visit and the kids show off all their cool new gifts, we get ready and head back over to their house. It's like having Christmas morning all over again! My parents gave such generous gifts this year, it was a little unbelievable. My mom said that their year had been a good one and they wanted to share some of that bounty with our families. Boo got a cleaning cart, LM a Nintendo DSi, Gem Guitar Hero, TM got a GPS and I got the Kindle! It was a very high tech Christmas from them and we have had a lot of fun using our new gadgets.Christmas just isn't Christmas until my parents get each other to cry. It seems every year there is that special, secret gift that brings the tears flowing. This year it was a new laptop for my dad to do his church work on, from my mom. I love how much my parents get into Christmas and cannot believe how generous they are.

I hope that when I grow up I can be as good of grandparents to my grandchildren as both sets of their grandparents are to them. That is truly the best gift of all!

3 comments:

Vern said...

I'm just relieved to see that you don't buy your older kids the one piece pajamas anymore! :)

Tanya said...

Yay, updated blog! :) Love your perspective on Christmas and your parents are awesome! You are a beautiful, spiritual person, inside and out.

Robin said...

Ginger!! I found you on Facebook... and had to read through your blog beginning to end. What a beautiful family you have! It was great seeing pics of Ganelle and her family as well as your mom and dad. I think of you often.. you look GREAT!! What's the secret? Robin