We started the month with B having her very first piano recital. She played a simple Winnie the Pooh song. As her mom and piano teacher, I was pretty proud of my baby.
B's school had a Mother's Day lunch. It was quite a spread and I loved spending time with my little girl.
E was inducted into the National Honor Society. She has a high GPA and is very involved in her school and community. It is such a great accomplishment for her. You would never know that she is dyslexic. It definitely does not hold her back.
We followed that up with E's last choir concert for the year. She made the select Versailles choir again next year, so we will get to go again!
For E's first date, she decided to do it big! She went to "Mormon Prom" with her friend B. We had a fancy dinner at our house, followed by T driving them up in our zooped up Pilot. Dessert was at another friend's house. It was a fun night and definitely an amazing first date!

The following week was full of awards again. E received another academic letter for her high GPA and lettered in theatre. She is getting pretty excited over all her letters and pins. We just might have to invest in a letter jacket now. She even has an extra letter to put in her scrapbook.
I went on a field trip with B's class. We went all over the community, but her favorite part was the fire station, of course!
That same night we went to the one acts. These are student directed shows, and Em landed the lead. She loved being a crazy theatre critic and played it well!
Mother's Day was a great day. I was able to relax and even got breakfast in bed. I have to say that my favorite thing in the world is being the mom to my three kids. They are the best!

M, after over 200 hours worth of work, completed his Eagle Scout Award (the highest award for scouting). He built the library for B's school. It was a lot of hard work from both M and my dad, who we couldn't have done it without, and Tim. The school had a ribbon cutting ceremony and gave M the honor to cut it. What a difference it has made for the school. I just can't believe my boy is all grown up and done with this huge step in his life.
B finished up her soccer season with a very wet awards picnic. It was fun for her to play and she loves her new medal.
We finished out the school year, E with her sophomore year, M with his 7th grade, and B with her last half day school. B was allowed to attend kindergarten at a local private school. She misses the cut off for attending in the public school, but was bored with preschool. She learned so much, including reading and math, which according to my friends, was about a second grade level of learning. She had her graduation ceremony and was so proud. We put her into full day kindergarten at the public school for this fall and just hope that she isn't too bored. I can't believe that all my babies will be in school all day starting next year. It seems crazy that time has gone that fast.
To finish out the month, over Memorial Day weekend, T took the kids on some bike rides. Even I bought a bike so that I can get in shape enough to go with them. We enjoyed a nice Memorial Day BBQ with some friends and family and enjoyed the freedom that so many have given their lives for. What a great way to end the month!
1 comment:
I'm just sooo jeolous that you have scouting in your rear view mirror. I still have one that hasn't even started! Sigh.
Post a Comment