Wednesday, August 8, 2012

June 2012

June was the start of summer. We shifted schedules, but still seemed to be going pretty steadily.

The month started with M going on a seven day Alaskan cruise with my parents. They took him on it as a reward for completing his Eagle project. He loved the glaciers, zip lining the longest one in the world (60 miles and hour), the Inuit village, the lumberjack show, and canoeing into Hubbard Glacier. It was such an incredible experience and we are so grateful to my parents for taking him on it. It definitely motivated my 13 year old to complete his project.


While M was off on his cruise, E went to Youth Conference. She went river rafting and camping in the Sand Dunes. Apparently her raft won the race down the river. Got to love that competitive spirit!


Seeing as E and M were off on their adventures, we decided to have one for the rest of us. My little sister turned 40, so I had all ready scheduled a fun girl's weekend away in Vail. T and B decided to come with me early. They had their own hotel, so that once the girls arrived I could go join them. It was a the weekend of the Teva X-treme games. There was slack walking, kayak tricks, BMX bike events and all kinds of other things going on. I loved hanging out with the my girls and catching up on all things woman. T and B went zip lining, rock climbing and had a blast together as well. It was a great weekend.

We had a nice Father's Day, celebrating with T and then my Dad.  There was yummy breakfast in bed and edited movies for presents.  T wore his Daddy's tie to church and got a great reaction from it.  He is the best dad!  He always takes time to spend with the kids and puts them as a priority in his life.  He works hard to support us all as well.  We are truly blessed.  My Dad is so great too!  It's funny because I feel like I know him so much better now that I am grown, than when I was younger.  He is such a sweet, hard working man and I am fortunate to have him in my life as my dad!



I was asked to make the flowers for T's little sister's wedding. It was a fun challenge to make so many, but was a definite creative outlet for me. Thank goodness for E and her friends who helped me put together over 40 different pieces.

E went off to Girl's Camp. She was a youth counselor this year. It was a fun way to earn her community service hours for graduation and NHS. T was asked to go up on bear patrol. That was probably more scary for me than him, although I'm not sure.



M got another dog/house sitting job this summer, which E shared with him for part of it. They got to take care of the house and two really energetic boxers! They also picked up a couple of other jobs with all kinds of dogs.  It is so good watching them take on such responsibility, but even better that they decided dogs are a lot of work and are good with not having one now!

B went to a summer reading camp at her new school. She got to meet her teacher for the fall and it helped them see how much she learned last year. She loves her new school, which makes it easier for next year. 

Overall a pretty great month full of learning and exploring!   

No comments: