Monday, March 3, 2008

Travel Log

So we made it back to after a nine day adventure in California. I was supposed to post while I was there, but we didn't have access to a computer. I thought I would give the play by play to those who are interested. Keep checking each day for the update with pictures. OK, here goes!
Day one:
We flew out at 9:30 pm. Fortunately Boo slept the whole way, since I had all the kids and TM was enjoying his free solo flight. We arrived at around midnight, jumped into our rental car and headed to TM's parents' house. We showed up on his parents' doorstep at around 2 am. Fortunately for us they are all night owls and were up to greet us. Unfortunately for me and LM, they have a cat. We were supposed to stay there for five days, but after about 15 minutes that wasn't going to happen. I had an asthma attack and had to borrow LM's inhaler. I spent the next hour going in and out of the house trying to breathe. At 3 am, we finally decided that a hotel was the only way I was going to survive the trip. It took us till almost 4 am to figure out where one was in Clayton, and how the heck to find it. We got in our car exhausted and waved goodbye to TM's patient parents who were barely standing up! As we drove to the hotel we found on the computer, we encountered a Best Western. We stopped to see if they had any rooms. They did have one, but we would have to check out at 11 am. The guy told us if we could wait until 6 am we could have the room until the next day. Seeing as the kids were all ready asleep in the back, and we didn't feel like spending $90 on a five hour nap, we got back in the car and drove back to TM's house. We slept in their driveway on and off for the next two hours. ***By the way it was a brisk 45* that night and raining*** We checked into our home for the next five days at 6 am, crawled into bed and dropped off. At 6:30, Boo woke up refreshed and ready for the day. She was the only one who slept through the whole ordeal! Lucky for us, there is a great allergy medicine named Benedryl, which enabled me to be at TM's parents' house for a few hours each day. We went back that afternoon to enjoy free oranges from the tree in their backyard, and spend some great time letting the kids jump on the trampoline in the back. Boo loved her aunt and uncles, as well as seeing her grandparents again.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Cute pics! I didn't realize the ordeal you had. No wonder the trailer looked good to you guys! :)

Tanya

Angela and Jay said...

Wow, that sounds like an adventure!

Boo is getting so big! She's so cute !

Vern said...

duuuude. fresh oranges off the tree are the BEST!! I miss that.