Remember this picture. It was one of the first ones we received of Boo. It was taken by a dear woman who traveled ahead of us to adopt her little girl. She took pictures of Boo so that we could see more of her dear little face. I remember being excited to see her, but so sad to see the conditions that she was in. Now the babies that are at the Yangxi orphanage don't have to sleep on boards like this one.
I just went to the blog of a friend of mine and Boo's. She posted these pictures and the links to the blogs of these people who have made a huge difference in the babies at Yangxi's lives. I just gave a presentation on Boo's experience at church and will do another at the school this Friday. It brought me to tears to know that the babies are sleeping on soft mattresses now. The scars that are all over Boo's head, won't be on these little ones. Thanks B for posting about this, I hope that you don't mind me copying it out.
This is what it looked like before. Below is a link to the people's blog who made such a great change in these babies lives.
This is what it looked like after. How great they must feel.
This is what it looked like before. Below is a link to the people's blog who made such a great change in these babies lives.
8 comments:
That is awesome. As sad as it was to see Boo in those conditions, she's turned out pretty darn awesome. Lucky girl! Oh, and Boo too.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad they have mattresses now. Do the babies ever fall out of their cribs? I couldn't help noticing in the picture of all the babies standing up how low the rails were to them. I know I would be very nervous to put an active baby in a crib with a rail that low. It makes me feel so grateful for what I have and want to give more back.
That pic doesn't even really look like her to me.
So glad the little ones are getting mattresses. Makes me think how spoiled I (and my kids) are!
It makes me SO happy to see those mattresses! I read the blog of the couple that volunteered and it was so inspiring.
Also, I have a picture of Laney and I think she's wearing the same shirt as Boo. We had a lady take pictures for us as well. Those pictures are a treasure. :-)
i dont mind you copying my blog.. its so great they got matresses!
now what on earth is that character on boo's shirt when she is in the crib?..thats a crazy shirt :)
That is so cool. I never knew that matresses were even possible as I just accepted the standard answer that everyone in that region, slept on wood boards. So great to see the boards gone.
Tanya
very cool post. I really love the one of darling Bailee
Hi, just stopped by from Natalie's blog. Wow, I saw similar pics of these cribs a while back. Glad to see they have more comfortable arrangements.
Love your sweet blog. Hope to come by more often.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment